Our last day in Paris!
It was going to be a hot day of about 28 degrees, we tried to make it relaxing but still ended filling most of the day, first we headed to the Pantheon to climb the top, and unfortunately they had closed the top area so you could only view the inside. From the Pantheon we caught the subway to the back of the Eiffel Tower for another look while we were there, it was good to see it from the end of the grass area and then to walk around that part of town we hadn’t been to. It was still packed at the Eiffel Tower with long lines to climb it.
From the Eiffel Tower we caught the subway back over half way to the hotel and had lunch at a café which we had been to before, they made nice salads there. After lunch we walked down the River Seine and crossed the islands Bastille area and sat by the river.
Before we knew it we had looked at a few shops and streets and it was time to think about heading back, not before having a cocktail and small dinner.
Grabbed our bags at the hotel and soon the shuttle was there to take us to the airport, it was a bit of an experience driving up lots of streets to avoid the peak traffic, he did get us to the airport on time though.
Our Holiday Summary of the things we did.
• Toured through 14 countries
• Travelled in 5 Aircraft
• Stayed in 23 different hotels
• Crossed the English Channel 3 times at 300 kph
• Went below sea level, Amsterdam
• Went 6953 feet above sea level, Switzerland.
• Sipped Champagne at 320 metres on top of the Eiffel Tower.
• Drove through hundreds of tunnels through the Alps.
• Used 3 different currencies.
• Kissed a dirty old stone in Ireland, the Blarney Stone
• Cruised in 12 boats including one Gondola.
• Walked on roads and walls that were over 2000 years old.
• Collected heaps of hotel shampoo bottles.
• Become accustom to buffet breakfast.
• Climbed thousands of steps, most of them uneven!
• Listened to Bag pipes, Mozart, Yodelling, German Bavarian music, Irish harpsichord, French cabaret singing, Italian serenading and a New Zealand folk song.
• Visited too many Churches.
• Walked through some of the richest palaces.
• Had a fantastic time.